Apricot Pecan Bars
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Unroll crescent dough into a rectangle; press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with 1 cup pecans, confectioners' sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spoon preserves over the top.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and brown sugar; cut in butter. Add the coconut and remaining pecans. Sprinkle over preserves.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 296 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 1, 2010
This one's definitely a keeper!I think next time I'll mix the powdered sugar, cinnamon & nutmeg together first and sprinkle it over the dough through a sieve for more control.