"A friend gave me this recipe years ago, and my grandchildren and great-grandchildren really enjoy the moist sweet bars." Verlene Hendricks writes from Roswell, New Mexico. "Instead of apricot, you can substitute you favorite preserves if you wish."
Recommended: Top 10 Dessert Bars
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Unroll crescent dough into a rectangle; press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with 1 cup pecans, confectioners' sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spoon preserves over the top.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and brown sugar; cut in butter. Add the coconut and remaining pecans. Sprinkle over preserves.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Apricot Pecan Bars in Taste of Home August/September 2003, p61
Reviews forApricot Pecan Bars
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 1, 2010
"This one's definitely a keeper!I think next time I'll mix the powdered sugar, cinnamon & nutmeg together first and sprinkle it over the dough through a sieve for more control."