Looking for an easy way to dress up cooked carrots, I hit on this delicious recipe. The fruity glaze complements the natural sweetness of the carrots. I've found this versatile side dish can be used with almost any meat.
Recommended: Our Most Delicious Carrot Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, sliced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 9-11 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, combine the remaining ingredients; cook and stir until lightly thickened. Return carrots to the pan; stir until glazed and heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Apricot-Orange Glazed Carrots in Country Woman November/December 2002, p33
Reviews forApricot-Orange Glazed Carrots
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2016
"i liked the different taste of these carrots with the apricot it gave the carrots such a sweet fruity taste, great for side dish"