Apricot-Nut Drop Cookies
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 3/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in apricots and pecans.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 163 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 17, 2010
They are a new favorite, very yummy. I used mixed dried fruit instead of apricots and they were equally good if not better.
Jan 24, 2008
great flavor but I had a problem with some of the apricot bits getting black on the underside of the cookie