- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Soak apricots in water for 5 minutes. In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter until fluffy. Add sour cream; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Drain apricots, discarding liquid. Fold apricots, orange peel and nuts into batter. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Reviews forApricot Muffins
"This has been a family favorite ever since a co-worker brought them into the office way back in the 90's!! Love how simple the recipe is, yet it's delicious! One tip is to buy the highest quality dried apricots. If you buy the cheap, hard ones, they don't taste nearly as good as the soft higher quality apricots. You can also substitute other dried fruits like cherries, blueberries, craisins, etc. Great way to use up some sour cream that's getting close to expiration!"
"A keeper! I will admit that I had a concern about there being no egg in this recipe, but the muffins were tender and flavorful---never missed the egg. I love apricots and am always looking for recipes that include them. I found it interesting that even though I did not put any topping on the muffins, they did have a nice sugary coating on top after baking."