- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup cold butter (no substitutes)
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) apricot filling
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, combine flour and 1/2 cup sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Add egg yolks and vanilla; mix well. Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Spread apricot filling over crust.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add the remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Spread over apricot layer; sprinkle with pecans. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 32 bars.
Reviews forApricot Meringue Bars
"These bars I've taken to potlucks and everyone loves them."
"Look fwd. to making these over the summer. They surely look easy enough. Thank you for sharing!! K."
"Apricot is one of my favorite fruits, so I'm always eager to try a recipe that uses them. These bars are delicious! I used the Solo apricot filling---a bit expensive, but worth it! Thanks for sharing this recipe!"