Apricot & Mango-Glazed Ham
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 2 hours + standing
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (6 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 2 cups apple cider or juice
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep; insert a clove in each diamond. Pour cider into pan.
- In a small saucepan, combine the preserves, chutney and mustard. Cook and stir over medium heat until preserves are melted; brush over ham. Press brown sugar onto ham.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 140°, basting occasionally with pan drippings. Cover loosely with foil if ham browns too quickly. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts5 ounce-weight: 243 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 1666mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein.
Apr 25, 2011
I made my Ham for Easter dinner using this recipe minus the Mango chutney (didn't have any) and it was fabulous. Everyone raved about it. Thanks for a great recipe. Will absolutely make it again this way!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.