Apricot & Macadamia Eggnog Bread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
Makes2 loaves (12 slices each)
- 4-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 2-1/2 cups eggnog
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons eggnog
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, 2-1/2 cups eggnog, oil, orange zest and orange juice until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in apricots and macadamia nuts.
- Transfer to two greased 9-x5-in. loaf pans. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and enough eggnog to reach drizzling consistency. Spoon over loaves.
Freeze option: Securely wrap cooled loaves in plastic wrap and foil, then freeze. To use, thaw at room temperature.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with commercially prepared eggnog.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 242 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 19, 2017
I had extra eggnog and wanted to make this bread. It makes 2 big loaves but was surprisingly dry.
Dec 8, 2016
A really nice way to use up some extra eggnog I had on hand. I doubled the recipe and put the apricots ad macadamia nuts in half and put in a tropical dried fruit mix and pecans the other half. Both were a delicious breakfast treat. Be careful not to overbake as the bread was a little on the dry side, but I believe that was because I might have left it in the oven just a little too long.
Dec 13, 2015
The eggnog flavor really comes through when it is cool. You may want to adjust the seasonings depending on how flavorful your eggnog is.