Apricot & Macadamia Eggnog Bread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
Makes2 loaves (12 slices each)
- 4-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 2-1/2 cups eggnog
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons eggnog
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, 2-1/2 cups eggnog, oil, orange zest and orange juice until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in apricots and macadamia nuts.
- Transfer to two greased 9-x5-in. loaf pans. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and enough eggnog to reach drizzling consistency. Spoon over loaves.
Freeze option: Securely wrap cooled loaves in plastic wrap and foil, then freeze. To use, thaw at room temperature.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with commercially prepared eggnog.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 242 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Jan 19, 2017
I had extra eggnog and wanted to make this bread. It makes 2 big loaves but was surprisingly dry.
Dec 8, 2016
A really nice way to use up some extra eggnog I had on hand. I doubled the recipe and put the apricots ad macadamia nuts in half and put in a tropical dried fruit mix and pecans the other half. Both were a delicious breakfast treat. Be careful not to overbake as the bread was a little on the dry side, but I believe that was because I might have left it in the oven just a little too long.
Dec 13, 2015
The eggnog flavor really comes through when it is cool. You may want to adjust the seasonings depending on how flavorful your eggnog is.