Chicken spread with an apricot and lemon sauce is elegant enough for company and a snap to make. I got this recipe in college and have used it to woo my friends and family ever since. It is very healthy as well, so it is something I can add to my regular menu rotation. —Kendra Doss, Kansas City, Missouri
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Combine the curry powder, salt and pepper; sprinkle over chicken.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove to a serving plate; keep warm.
- Add the spreadable fruit, water and lemon juice to the pan; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until syrupy. Serve over chicken; sprinkle with lemon peel.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 1 tablespoon sauce: 261 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 377mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Apricot Lemon Chicken in Taste of Home April/May 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.