These crispy cookie treats can be changed up—try different nuts and jams, and dark or white chocolate depending on the holiday. —Johnna Johnson, Scottsdale, Arizona
Recommended: 60 Make-Ahead Thanksgiving Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves or flavor of your choice
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts or nuts of your choice
- 7 ounces dark chocolate candy coating, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Press dough into a greased 8-in. square baking pan; spread with preserves. In a small bowl, mix melted butter, water and remaining sugar; stir in hazelnuts. Spread over preserves.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until edges are golden brown and center is set. Cool 15 minutes on a wire rack. Cut into sixteen 2-in. squares. Cut squares into triangles. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Dip one side of each triangle halfway into melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Apricot-Hazelnut Triangles in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p159