Apricot Ham Rolls Recipe
Apricot Ham Rolls, from Carolyn Hannay of Antioch, Tennessee, are both speedy and special. "This is the kind of hearty dish we 10 kids would devour after doing chores on our parents' farm," Carolyn recalls. "Mom always had lots of hungry mouths to appreciate her good food. When I'm short on cooking time, I rely on this tasty recipe."
- 1-2/3 cups apricot nectar, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 8 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine 1-1/3 cups apricot nectar, mustard and salt; bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Remove from heat; cover and let stand for 6-8 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Add parsley and fluff with a fork. Place about 1/4 cup of rice mixture on each slice of ham. Overlap two opposite corners of ham over rice mixture; secure with a toothpick. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, combine syrup and remaining nectar; bring to a boil. Add ham rolls; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes or until heated through, basting occasionally with the sauce. Remove toothpicks before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 240 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 876mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Apricot Ham Rolls
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC