Apricot-Glazed Turkey Drumsticks Recipe
My wife likes apricots, so I revised a recipe for orange-glazed ham to be used with turkey. My family says it's tops.
- 2 turkey drumstick (about 3/4 pound each)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 celery rib, halved
- 1 small onion, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves, warmed
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) apricot halves, drained
- 1. In a Dutch oven, brown turkey in oil. Add the celery, onion, salt, peppercorns and enough water to cover drumsticks. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until meat is tender. Remove drumsticks from broth; drain well. (Discard broth or strain and reserve for another use.)
- 2. Place drumsticks in a greased shallow roasting pan. Brush with half the preserves. Top with apricot halves; brush apricots with remaining preserves. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until glaze is set. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Apricot-Glazed Turkey Drumsticks
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC