Apricot-Glazed Pork Loin Roast
A nice alternative for a special dinner during the yuletide season or any other time of year, this pork roast gets its fruity flavor and lovely golden color from apricots. I serve it often to guests.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour 20 min. + standing
- 1 bone-in pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 cups apricot nectar
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour.
- In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and mustard. Stir in apricot nectar and vinegar until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Spoon 1/2 cup glaze over roast. Bake 20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining glaze.
Nutrition Facts5 ounce-weight: 345 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 0 fiber), 32g protein.
Originally published as Apricot-Glazed Pork Loin Roast in Country Woman Christmas 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.