- 1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place beans in a steamer basket in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 7-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the preserves, butter and salt. Cook, uncovered, on high for 30 seconds or until butter is melted; stir until smooth.
- Transfer beans to a serving bowl; add apricot mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forApricot-Glazed Green Beans
"Crazy! I prepared (pork) Tenderloin with Herb Sauce last night and this recipe was recommended as an accompaniment. I ended up using a 10-ounce box of frozen spinach (for two people) instead, because I had no green beans in the freezer and because spinach is green. I added a heaping tablespoonful of preserves and about a teaspoon of butter. It was an unqualified success. I know I will go back to this recipe a lot — DH will demand it. And I have already added green beans to my shopping list because I don’t want to get blindsided again."
"So easy and delicious!"
"Yummy! My kids ate green beans!!"
"I loved it. I used frozen green beans though its what I had,it was easy and delicious! My brother and 9yr old nephew stopped over and had them try it and they also loved it. Will make it again."