Apricot Glazed Chicken for Two
Sweet, savory and special, this Asian-inspired entree from Mary Relyea of Canastota, New York is sure to be a favorite. There's plenty of sauce, so consider serving it with rice.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sugar apricot preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- In a small bowl, combine the broth, preserves and soy sauce; set aside. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Add broth mixture to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-12 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170&de;, basting occasionally with pan juices. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon pan juices over chicken; sprinkle with onion.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 248 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.