Our Test Kitchen home economists blend apricot preserves and a few simple seasonings to dress up tender asparagus spears. This succulent side dish goes great with any entree.
Recommended: Spring-ish Recipes to Make In April
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground ginger or 1/8 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- In a large skillet, bring 1 in. of water to a boil; place asparagus in a steamer basket over water. Cover and steam for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and keep warm.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, bring the preserves, vinegar, cinnamon and ginger to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-4 minutes or until glaze begins to thicken. Pour over asparagus. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Apricot-Ginger Asparagus in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p184