- 1 small acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut squash lengthwise in half; remove seeds. Cut a thin slice from bottoms to level if desired. Place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish, cut side up.
- Mix remaining ingredients; spoon over squash. Bake, covered, 45 minutes. Uncover; bake until tender, 15-20 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forApricot-Ginger Acorn Squash
"I'm not a big fan of squash, but I decided I'd try this recipe because all of the ingredients looked tasty. I tried it, I didn't like it 'cause I just don't like the taste of acorn squash. My husband tried it, also not a fan of squash, but he liked it. I suggest you try it once and decide for yourself!"
"I'm not sure what the pepper adds to this recipe. If I made it again, I would not use it."
"I think it needs a little more time in the oven, but it was delicious!"
"wonderful..the bit of soy sauce(that I nearly left out) adds an unexpected zip to the recipe."
"This was really good. I'm making it again this week. I did not have apricot preserves so I used peach. Yummy!"
"Great recipe. Not your ordinary way to fix acorn squash, but I had all the ingredients and it was delicious."
"I loved it! I never had acorn squash before, but I'll be making it many times. Substituted coconut oil for the butter and used reg. soy sauce, also grated 1/2 tsp. fresh ginger instead of the ground and it was just delicious."
"I am new to acorn squash...Can the outside of the squash be eaten?"
"Very easy to make and taste sweet"
"Very easy to make and a good way to use acorn squash grown in home gardens"