VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (19.1 ounces) cinnamon swirl muffin mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- Set aside cinnamon swirl and topping packets from muffin mix. In a bowl, combine the dry muffin mix and baking powder. make a well in the center; add eggs and orange juice. Stir just until moistened. Fold in apricots and dates. Pour into four greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans.
- Squeeze contents of cinnamon swirl packet over batter; cut through with a knife to swirl. Sprinkle with the topping. Bake at 350* for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4 loaves.
- 20 servings, 5 per loaf, 1 slice per. Yield: 4 loaves
Originally published as Apricot-Date Mini Loaves in The Best of Country Cooking Annual 2005, p31