Apricot-Date Mini Loaves
By using a prepared quick bread mix, it's easy to make a loaf of this apricot-date bread for yourself and extras to give to friends.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
Makes4 loaves (5 slices each)
- 1 package (18.3 ounces) cinnamon streusel quick bread mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- Set aside streusel topping packet from quick bread mix. In a large bowl, combine quick bread mix and baking powder. Make a well in the center; add eggs and orange juice. Stir just until moistened. Fold in apricots and dates.
- Pour into four greased 5x3x2-in. loaf pans. Top with half of the streusel; cut through with a knife to swirl. Sprinkle with remaining streusel; press gently.
- Bake at 350° for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 151 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Apricot-Date Mini Loaves in The Best of Country Cooking 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.