VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (18.3 ounces) cinnamon streusel quick bread mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- Set aside streusel topping packet from quick bread mix. In a large bowl, combine quick bread mix and baking powder. Make a well in the center; add eggs and orange juice. Stir just until moistened. Fold in apricots and dates.
- Pour into four greased 5-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Top with half of the streusel; cut through with a knife to swirl. Sprinkle with remaining streusel; press gently.
- Bake at 350° for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4 loaves (5 slices each).
Originally published as Apricot-Date Mini Loaves in The Best of Country Cooking Annual 2005, p31