Apricot Cream Cheese Drops
This treasured recipe is from a favorite aunt. Her soft, rich cookies have a yummy apricot flavor, but you could substitute strawberry, pineapple or raspberry preserves if you prefer. —Melinda Leonowitz, Birdsboro, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 to 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- Ground nuts or sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese, apricot preserves, brown sugar and milk until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, apricot preserves, butter and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Spread over cooled cookies. Sprinkle with nuts or coconut.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 85 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Apricot Cream Cheese Drops in Country Woman Christmas 2003