Apricot Cream Cheese Drops
This treasured recipe is from a favorite aunt. Her soft, rich cookies have a yummy apricot flavor, but you could substitute strawberry, pineapple or raspberry preserves if you prefer. —Melinda Leonowitz, Birdsboro, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 to 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- Ground nuts or sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese, apricot preserves, brown sugar and milk until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, apricot preserves, butter and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Spread over cooled cookies. Sprinkle with nuts or coconut.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 85 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Apricot Cream Cheese Drops in Country Woman Christmas 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.