- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix and orange zest. Stir in cream just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 1-1/4-in.-wide and 1/4-in.-deep indentation in the center of each biscuit.
- In a small bowl, beat apricot preserves and cream cheese until blended. Drop by teaspoonfuls into the center of each biscuit. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forApricot Cream Biscuits
"Yum are these good. Golden brown and with the orange peel and apricot jam-soooo tasty. I will definitely be making these again."