Apricot Cranberry Bread Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen halved cranberries
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, orange peel, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, beat egg, water and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cranberries.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 9x5-in. loaf pan. Cut apricots in the preserves into small pieces; spoon preserves over batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 slice: 155 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 157mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Apricot Cranberry Bread
"How do you half frozen whole cranberries?"
"The apricot preserves add a nice touch to this recipe. I've made these into mini-loaves and given them as gifts."
"Delicious! I used Smucker's Simply Fruit Apricot spreadable fruit.~ Theresa"
"This was one of the best cranberry breads I have ever had. The addition of the jam was very yummy. I used peach because we had no apricot and it was delicious. (The addition of walnuts is also very tasty!) Overall everyone enjoyed it. The bread was moist and tasty!"