Apricot Coconut Treasures
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 20 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sour cream until light and fluffy. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Divide dough into fourths; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until easy to handle.
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut, preserves and walnuts; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness.
- Cut into 2-1/2-in. squares; spread each with a rounded teaspoonful of coconut mixture. Carefully fold one corner over filling. Moisten opposite corner with water and fold over first corner; seal.
- Place 1-1/2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 5, 2012
These cookies are lovely. The preserves add the right amount of sweetness. Will definitely make these again. Just a heads up: a 3" square might hold the filling better, my kept oozing off the sides. Parchment paper REALLY helps if the filling gets baked onto baking sheet. I would like to try doubling the walnuts. My first batch didn't stay overlapped and sealed, so I made sure of more overlap and they all stayed sealed.