- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sour cream until light and fluffy. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Divide dough into fourths; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until easy to handle.
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut, preserves and walnuts; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness.
- Cut into 2-1/2-in. squares; spread each with a rounded teaspoonful of coconut mixture. Carefully fold one corner over filling. Moisten opposite corner with water and fold over first corner; seal.
- Place 1-1/2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forApricot Coconut Treasures
"These cookies are lovely. The preserves add the right amount of sweetness. Will definitely make these again. Just a heads up: a 3" square might hold the filling better, my kept oozing off the sides. Parchment paper REALLY helps if the filling gets baked onto baking sheet. I would like to try doubling the walnuts. My first batch didn't stay overlapped and sealed, so I made sure of more overlap and they all stayed sealed."