Apricot Coconut Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (12 ounces) apricot filling
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add milk and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture. Beat just until moistened.
- Spread half of the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. carefully spread apricot filling over batter; spread remaining batter over the top. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until light and fluffy. Stir in coconut. Spoon over the cake. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 430 calories, 21g fat (14g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 318mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Feb 12, 2016
This is so delicious. I made as is, you will not be sorry.MMMMM!
Apr 30, 2012
This is a wonderful recipe, my husband who is not a coconut fan even loves it but next time I will add an extra can of apricot.
Jan 20, 2012
This cake is delicious. I made it for a brunch at work today and it received rave reviews.the only modification I made was I used 2 cans of the apricot filing instead of 1. Enjoy
Nov 18, 2010
I love this recipe. I added some almond flavoring and it is a often requested recipe.