Apricot Coconut Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (12 ounces) apricot filling
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add milk and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture. Beat just until moistened.
- Spread half of the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. carefully spread apricot filling over batter; spread remaining batter over the top. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until light and fluffy. Stir in coconut. Spoon over the cake. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 430 calories, 21g fat (14g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 318mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 12, 2016
This is so delicious. I made as is, you will not be sorry.MMMMM!
Apr 30, 2012
This is a wonderful recipe, my husband who is not a coconut fan even loves it but next time I will add an extra can of apricot.
Jan 20, 2012
This cake is delicious. I made it for a brunch at work today and it received rave reviews.the only modification I made was I used 2 cans of the apricot filing instead of 1. Enjoy
Nov 18, 2010
I love this recipe. I added some almond flavoring and it is a often requested recipe.