Apricot Coconut Bars
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package (16 ounces) pound cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, 2 eggs, butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla; beat until well blended. Fold in dried apricots. Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, preserves and remaining vanilla. Add remaining eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Gently spread over cake batter. Sprinkle with coconut and almonds.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 273 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 26, 2009
Everytime I make this recipe for new folks, they absolutely LOVE it and ask me for the recipe. It is delicious and I love to make it as often as I can!
Nov 9, 2008
I took these to a coffee hour after church. Several people asked for the recipe. Very good!
Nov 6, 2008
I got my magazine on Thursday and made these on Saturday to take to a family reunion. I only had to drive an hour and, as I had removed them from the oven just as we were leaving, they were still warm when we cut into them. They were wonderful!! I got tired of writing out the recipe for all my relatives! Next time I take a dish from this magazine to a family reunion, I'll make copies of the recipe to take with me!They were REALLY good warm. The few I had leftover, we warmed in the m/w for 15-20 seconds and they were great!