- 1 package (16 ounces) pound cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, 2 eggs, butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla; beat until well blended. Fold in dried apricots. Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, preserves and remaining vanilla. Add remaining eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Gently spread over cake batter. Sprinkle with coconut and almonds.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forApricot Coconut Bars
"Everytime I make this recipe for new folks, they absolutely LOVE it and ask me for the recipe. It is delicious and I love to make it as often as I can!"
"I took these to a coffee hour after church. Several people asked for the recipe. Very good!"
"I got my magazine on Thursday and made these on Saturday to take to a family reunion. I only had to drive an hour and, as I had removed them from the oven just as we were leaving, they were still warm when we cut into them. They were wonderful!! I got tired of writing out the recipe for all my relatives! Next time I take a dish from this magazine to a family reunion, I'll make copies of the recipe to take with me!They were REALLY good warm. The few I had leftover, we warmed in the m/w for 15-20 seconds and they were great!"