I appreciate that these fruity candies are easy to prepare and can be made ahead of time. They're a nice alternative to chocolate sweets. —Barbara Strohbehn, Gladbrook, Iowa
Recommended: 55 Dairy-Free Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups dried apricots
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Confectioners' sugar
- Place apricots in a food processor; cover and pulse until chopped. Transfer to a large bowl; add coconut and milk. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar.
- Place on a baking sheet. Refrigerate until firm. Store in an airtight container in the freezer or refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Apricot Coconut Balls in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p83