Apricot-Chipotle Cheese Spread
The creamy cheese, sweet preserves and spicy chipotle is just the right combo for this easy cracker spread. If you want to try some variations, use cherry or raspberry preserves in place of the apricot. —Barb Templin, Norwood, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 teaspoons minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Assorted crackers and vegetables
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic and onion powder until blended. Shape cheese mixture into a log. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, mix preserves, ginger and chipotle peppers until blended. Spoon over cream cheese. Serve with crackers and vegetables.
Originally published as Chipotle Cream Cheese Spread Trio in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.