The creamy cheese, sweet preserves and spicy chipotle is just the right combo for this easy cracker spread. If you want to try some variations, use cherry or raspberry preserves in place of the apricot. —Barb Templin, Norwwod, Minnesota
Recommended: 35 Easter Dinners That Aren’t a Big Hunk of Ham
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 teaspoons minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Assorted crackers and vegetables
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic and onion powder until blended. Shape cheese mixture into a log. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, mix preserves, ginger and chipotle peppers until blended. Spoon over cream cheese. Serve with crackers and vegetables. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Apricot-Chipotle Cheese Spread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2017, p137