Apricot Chip Triangles
After a trip to England, I was determined to learn how to make scones. This recipe is a combination of several from my search. I often get together with my fellow travelers to enjoy a traditional English tea, and these scones are the highlight of that event.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine the egg, cream and vanilla; stir into the crumb mixture until a soft dough forms. Add the apricots, nuts and chips.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 6-8 times. Shape into a 6-in. circle; cut into six wedges. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 479 calories, 25g fat (10g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 395mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Apricot Chip Triangles in Reminisce March/April 2005