Apricot Chip Triangles
After a trip to England, I was determined to learn how to make scones. This recipe is a combination of several from my search. I often get together with my fellow travelers to enjoy a traditional English tea, and these scones are the highlight of that event.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine the egg, cream and vanilla; stir into the crumb mixture until a soft dough forms. Add the apricots, nuts and chips.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 6-8 times. Shape into a 6-in. circle; cut into six wedges. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 479 calories, 25g fat (10g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 395mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Apricot Chip Triangles in Reminisce March/April 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.