Apricot Chip Cookies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the apricots, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2-in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 162 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 3, 2011
what can i use in place of shortening?thx, cg
Jul 14, 2008
Yum. Apricot and chocolate are so good together. Have you tried it with milk chocolate? Or does the more bitter chocolate work better?