Apricot Chicken Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 whole chicken breasts, halved, skinned and boned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- Cooked egg noodles
- In a skillet, saute chicken in butter until browned. Remove chicken. Cook onion and green pepper in drippings until soft. Add flour, paprika, salt and pepper; stir until well blended. Gradually add chicken broth, stirring until smooth and thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream, lemon zest and apricots. Arrange chicken in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Pour sauce over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Place hot noodles in a serving dish. Arrange chicken over noodles. Top all with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without noodles): 321 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 891mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 7, 2011
We apologize for the error, but the amount of chicken broth was accidentally omitted from this recipe. The correct amount is 2 cups. It will be posted to the recipe soon.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Oct 3, 2010
I found this recipe in TOH's book, "Low-Fat Country Cooking." As printed in the book, the recipe calls for 2 cups of low-sodium chicken broth. Apparently this information was omitted from the online recipe.
Sep 15, 2010
Very bitter !! Too much paprika. Can't taste the apricots. Says to add broth but never says how much. Will never make again !!
Mar 28, 2008
Recipe says to gradually add chicken broth but there is no chicken broth listed in the ingredients!!!