Apricot Cheesecake Tarts
Dark chocolate and the tart taste of apricots make these tiny cheesecakes from Alicia Montalvo Pagan in New Bedford, Massachusetts something special for a springtime buffet.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- 1 package (1.9 ounces) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons apricot nectar
- 3 dried apricots, cut into thin strips
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons grated chocolate
- In a microwave, melt bittersweet chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Brush over the bottom and up the sides of tart shells. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and apricot nectar. Spoon into shells. Cover and chill for at least 20 minutes. Just before serving, top with apricot strips and grated chocolate.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 83 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 28mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Tiny Apricot Cheesecake Tarts in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.