Dark chocolate and the tart taste of apricots make these tiny cheesecakes from Alicia Montalvo Pagan in New Bedford, Massachusetts something special for a springtime buffet.
Recommended: 37 Dessert Recipes for People Who Love Cheesecake
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 squares (1 ounce each) bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- 1 package (2.1 ounces) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons apricot nectar
- 3 dried apricots, cut into thin strips
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons grated chocolate
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt bittersweet chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Brush over the bottom and up the sides of tart shells. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in apricot nectar. Spoon into shells. Cover and chill for at least 20 minutes. Just before serving, top with apricot strips and grated chocolate. Yield: 15 tarts.
Originally published as Apricot Cheesecake Tarts in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p44