Apricot Cheesecake Bars
With such an appealing blend of flavors, these bars never seem to last long!
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup apricot jam, warmed
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in flour and nuts. Set aside 1 cup for topping.
- Press remaining mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In another small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg, milk, lemon juice and vanilla until blended. Spread the jam over cooled crust. Pour cream cheese mixture over jam.
- Sprinkle with reserved topping mixture; press down lightly. Bake at 350° for 17-20 minutes or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 207 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Apricot Cheesecake Bars in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.