Apricot Casserole Recipe
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) apricot halves
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 36 crackers)
- 1. Drain apricots, reserving 3/4 cup juice. Place apricots in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. melt 1/2 cup butter; add the brown sugar, flour and reserved juice. Pour over apricots.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. melt remaining butter; toss with crackers crumbs. Sprinkle over top. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 366 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 286mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Apricot Casserole
"This was a big hit at the easter table, we all loved it. will definately have to double it next time i make it."
"I was very pleasantly surprised at how good this was. I had two cans of apricots that were given to me and had no idea what to do with them. I found this recipe and thought I'd try it for Easter dinner. Wonderful! I'm not a fan of apricots, but this was the exception."
"I made this for a church luncheon and folks were scraping the dish clean in order to get one last taste. Folks are already requesting it for the next time."