These apricot-filled burritos are popular with my son and his friends. I usually have a plateful ready for them as a sweet after-school snack. It's easy since they can be together in minutes.—Charl Sanchez, Roseville, California
Recommended: 40 Easy Weeknight Dinners for Summer
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- Oil for frying
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened. Place 1 tablespoon on each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling; roll up.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry burritos, in batches, for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Yield: 8 burritos.
Originally published as Apricot Burritos in Country Woman July/August 2000, p35
Reviews forApricot Burritos
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 29, 2012
"Great recipe, and I made it with Splenda sugar and splenda brown sugar blend. Going to try using other dried fruits next time, much healthier version of a toaster strudel!"