Apricot Bubble Ring
Both of our daughters received ribbons for this recipe at the 4-H fair. This bubble ring is perfect for serving a crowd at breakfast. —Lois Schlickau, Haven, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup warm whole milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-3/4 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2/3 cup apricot preserves
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, butter, sugar, eggs and salt; mix well. Add 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- For filling, combine the sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl; set aside. Punch dough down; cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Pour 2 tablespoons melted butter into bottom of greased 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into 20 pieces and form into balls. Dip each ball into remaining melted butter, then roll in cinnamon-sugar. Place 10 balls into prepared pan. Spoon half the apricot preserves between the balls; sprinkle with half the walnuts. Repeat. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° until browned, 30-35 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm.