Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese
- Sliced French bread
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cook, uncovered, on high for 1 minute or until heated through. Pour into a shallow 3-cup microwave-safe serving dish. Place cheese on preserve mixture. Cook 1 to 1-1/2 minutes longer or until cheese is softened. Serve with bread.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 145 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Aug 23, 2016
This was wonderful! I took this to a gathering and decided it should be warm and gooey so I lined my 3 qt slow cooker with foil, plopped my brie in the bottom and poured the mixture over the top. Absolutely fantastic! You could add chopped dried apricots for more chunks. I might even double the jam mixture next time.