- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 cups warm fat-free milk (110° to 115°)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 jar (14-1/2 ounces) apricot spreadable fruit, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cold fat-free milk
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in warm milk, salt, whole wheat flour and 3 cups all-purpose flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining all-purpose flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/4 hours.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 8 times. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes. Roll into an 18-in. square. Spread 1 cup fruit spread to within 1/2 in. of edges; sprinkle with cinnamon. Roll up jelly-roll style; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 pieces; place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. For glaze, in a bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, cold milk and remaining fruit spread. Drizzle over rolls. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forApricot Breakfast Rolls
"Very tasty with a light and moist texture."