Chewy apricots paired with crispy rice cereal and pecans are an unbeatable combination. This recipe doesn't require a candy thermometer, plus the mixture stays pliable awhile, so you don't have to rush.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + cooling
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a heavy saucepan, combine butter, sugar, egg, apricots, vanilla and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 8 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cereal and pecans. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in confectioners' sugar. Place on baking sheets; let stand until completely cool. Reroll in sugar if desired. Refrigerate in an airtight containers.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.