Apricot Beef Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen asparagus stir-fry vegetable blend
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Stir in the apricot preserves, soy sauce, garlic, salt and pepper flakes; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in oil until no longer pink; remove and keep warm. In the same pan, stir-fry vegetable blend according to package directions. Return beef to the pan. Stir apricot mixture and add to beef mixture. Cook and stir until slightly thickened. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 309 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 531mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.
Aug 31, 2012
I thought this was ok but not great. If I were to make it again I would use fresh veggies as the frozen ones got too mushy.
Oct 19, 2011
This is definitely a make again meal. I was concerned it would be too bland or too sweet, but it was perfect. I didn't change anything about the recipe other than using low sodium soy sauce.
Oct 1, 2011
Love this recipe. The combination of sweet and spicy is just right:)
Jan 14, 2011
My husband doesn't really care for stir fry but this recipe he could not quit telling how good it was.
Mar 22, 2009
Really Simple and tastes delicious. It is even good as a leftover and reheats well.
Feb 25, 2009
This was absolutely fabulous!!! I used fresh asparagus and mushrooms, and it came out divine!!! Will make again and again!!!!