- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen asparagus stir-fry vegetable blend
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Stir in the apricot preserves, soy sauce, garlic, salt and pepper flakes; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in oil until no longer pink; remove and keep warm. In the same pan, stir-fry the vegetable blend according to package directions. Return beef to the pan. Stir apricot mixture and add to beef mixture. Cook and stir until slightly thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forApricot Beef Stir-Fry
"I thought this was ok but not great. If I were to make it again I would use fresh veggies as the frozen ones got too mushy."
"This is definitely a make again meal. I was concerned it would be too bland or too sweet, but it was perfect. I didn't change anything about the recipe other than using low sodium soy sauce."
"Love this recipe. The combination of sweet and spicy is just right:)"
"My husband doesn't really care for stir fry but this recipe he could not quit telling how good it was."
"Really Simple and tastes delicious. It is even good as a leftover and reheats well."
"This was absolutely fabulous!!! I used fresh asparagus and mushrooms, and it came out divine!!! Will make again and again!!!!"