- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen asparagus stir-fry vegetable blend
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Stir in the apricot preserves, soy sauce, garlic, salt and pepper flakes; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in oil until no longer pink; remove and keep warm. In the same pan, stir-fry vegetable blend according to package directions. Return beef to the pan. Stir apricot mixture and add to beef mixture. Cook and stir until slightly thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forApricot Beef Stir-Fry
"I thought this was ok but not great. If I were to make it again I would use fresh veggies as the frozen ones got too mushy."
"This is definitely a make again meal. I was concerned it would be too bland or too sweet, but it was perfect. I didn't change anything about the recipe other than using low sodium soy sauce."
"Love this recipe. The combination of sweet and spicy is just right:)"
"My husband doesn't really care for stir fry but this recipe he could not quit telling how good it was."
"Really Simple and tastes delicious. It is even good as a leftover and reheats well."
"This was absolutely fabulous!!! I used fresh asparagus and mushrooms, and it came out divine!!! Will make again and again!!!!"