- 1 can (15 ounces) apricot halves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top round or beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Hot cooked rice
- Drain apricots, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Cut apricots in quarters and set aside. In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch, broth, soy sauce and reserved juice until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in oil for 3 minutes. Add broccoli and onion; stir-fry 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir sauce and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add tomatoes and reserved apricots; cook until heated through. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forApricot Beef Broccoli Stir-Fry
"Wasn't a fan of the tomatoes and too many apricots."
"Something about the mix up of flavors was off. I don't think I would make again."
"it was alright - but probably won't make it again. i doubled recipe - instead of 4 cups broccoli, i included asparagus and sliced carrots with the broccoli. just thought it was kinda blah, could use more flavor."
"Loved this recipe, I'll be making this many times over. It was sweet and salty and had a kick. Although, I couldn't tell my family it had apricot jelly in it or they would have nixed the whole dinner, ha."