- 2/3 cup pine nuts or slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 2 cups pearl barley
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup diced dried apricots
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- In a skillet, saute nuts in 2 tablespoons butter until lightly browned; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute the barley and onion in remaining butter until onions are tender. Add broth; bring to a boil. Stir in the apricots, raisins and nuts. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/4 hours or until barley is tender. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forApricot Barley Casserole
"I've made this recipe several times for family and moose hunters.It was loved by everyone."
"This didn't turn out that well for me. Some in my family liked it, others didn't. When I made this it got very dried out, yet was very sweet. I hope others have better luck with it."