- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, cook chicken and garlic in oil until browned, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the apricot preserves, barbecue sauce, water and onion soup mix. Pour over the chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forApricot Barbecued Chicken
"I was hesitant to try this because of the apricot preserves, but boy am I glad I stepped out of my comfort zone! The combination of the preserves and barbecue sauce is so unique, and totally surprising. This dish is easy and delicious, and my family loves it!"
"Was unsure of ingredients as well, but turned out very good and super easy."
"Was very skeptical when reading recipe ingredients. Glad I tried it. quick & tasty!"