Apricot Banana Rice Pudding Recipe
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice, chilled
- 1/3 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried apricots or raisins
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 medium ripe banana, peeled and chopped
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the rice, yogurt, apricots, sugar and nutmeg. Fold banana into rice mixture. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 226 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 29mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Apricot Banana Rice Pudding
"Wow! This was so easy to make, and we found it to be a delicious lunch all by itself. I made 2 adjustments, which I highly recommend. Instead of long grain white rice I used basmati rice, and in place of the apricots or raisins I used fresh organic blueberries. Thanks for this wonderful recipe, and a delicious, nutritious lunch!"