- 1 cup cooked long grain rice, chilled
- 1/3 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried apricots or raisins
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 medium ripe banana, peeled and chopped
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the rice, yogurt, apricots, sugar and nutmeg. Fold banana into rice mixture. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forApricot Banana Rice Pudding
"Wow! This was so easy to make, and we found it to be a delicious lunch all by itself. I made 2 adjustments, which I highly recommend. Instead of long grain white rice I used basmati rice, and in place of the apricots or raisins I used fresh organic blueberries. Thanks for this wonderful recipe, and a delicious, nutritious lunch!"